ISO 50001 Energy Management System
This international standard outlines best practice for effective energy management. It can help your business to save energy, money and meet environmental standards.
Benefits of ISO 50001
- Know and control the risks that can affect your future energy supply
- Reduce energy consumption and costs by improving overall performance
- Improve efficiency by measuring and monitoring energy use
- Increase tender opportunities through demonstrating environmental credentials
- Meet government targets by reducing carbon emissions
To implement the ISO 50001, you need:
- Senior management commitment and support
- Good internal communication
- Customer and supplier feedback
- Shared responsibilities, roles and timescales
- Regular reviews of ISO 50001 to ensure continual improvement
- Training and incentives to motivate personnel
- The sharing of knowledge
The Certification Process for ISO 50001 will include
We are working with a well established energy conservation company with a proven track record in this field, Building Services Sustainability And Environmental Consultancy Limited (Bssec) who will survey your current use and the savings to be made. Their team of highly qualified consultants will put forward an action plan to produce the best savings, showing the calculated and documented results to be expected.
Once the plan is implemented, Bssec will perform an internal audit on your behalf for which the results will be documented to show exactly what has been achieved.
IQS (UK) Ltd will perform an ASCB(E) accredited independent external audit to prove the findings, and show compliance to ISO 50001 and issue certification. An annual internal and surveillance audit will be required to maintain certification.
ISO 50001 Support Service
As with all our certificate standards, we provide on-going support via email for the lifetime of the certificate. If you have a query regarding please feel free to email us at email@example.com