ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management (formerly BS OHSAS 18001)
The previous OHSAS 18001:2007 has now been replaced by this new version designed to work alongside the latest versions of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 plus other latest versions of standards being introduced.
It is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the risks to health & safety in the work place, so as to minimise the possibility of accident or incident to employees or others that might have access to the site, are properly assessed and managed. As a company's staff are their most valuable asset they will work more efficiently in a safe environment.
This or an equivalent standard is needed to control your codes of practice for health and safety in the work place by ensuring that your procedures, policies and work practices are safe for your staff and others. Any employer that neglects these responsibilities is risking the welfare of their staff, and their business, as well as the wrath of the Health & Safety authorities. Common sense and safe practice saves lives and money, this is the message behind the standard.
On the importance scale it’s Number One. We all have to make sure our work environment is safe for both staff and visitors to our work place, and if site work is involved, you will probably not be allowed access unless you have been inducted for the site. You and your staff need to both be safe and not put others at risk, a major reason for Risk Assessments.
Whether it’s Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) or safety procedures, it’s important to always be alert and knowing what you’re dealing with and doing it in a safe manner. The latest standard for Health & safety is well worth considering as your staff are your greatest asset.
Benefits of ISO 45001:2018
- Ensure that your organisation has the best working conditions that it can achieve
- Personnel are better motivated and engaged with a safer working environment
- A policy to identify hazards and control them
- Show both suppliers and customers that you are compliant
- A reduction in workplace illness and accidents through better, safer conditions
To implement the ISO 45001:2018, you need:
- Senior management commitment and support
- Good internal communication
- Customer and supplier feedback
- Shared responsibilities, roles and timescales
- Regular reviews of ISO 45001 to ensure continual improvement
- Training and incentives to motivate personnel
- The sharing of knowledge
The Certification Process for ISO 45001:2018 will include
For more information about the process of ISO 45001 please contact us and one of our team will be happy to discuss the standard in more detail.
ISO 45001 Support
If you are seeking ISO 45001, have a question about ISO 45001, or require assistance in the setup of ISO 45001 then please complete our support form below.